[Star Buys] Embrace the Tropical Trend
The UK weather might be gloomy here in the UK but I am trying to radiate positive vibes this week to avoid a grey sky-induced nervous breakdown.
So... to cheer everybody up, how about a little a little spotlight on this summer's tropical trend. It's been all over interiors magazines and blogs and according to the Sunday Times, until you’ve bought something with a pineapple on it, you haven’t really done SS15. Amen! Personally, I am all over it like a rash. Think palms trees, pineapples, tropical flowers, exotic birds, bright colours; anything that reminds you of that Wham! Club Tropicana video circa 1983... And more importantly, anything that might make you forget about the British weather for an entire minute. You're with me?
Now close your eyes, imagine you're lying on a beach... Open your eyes. Can you see the white sand and turquoise water filling the horizon? No? Me neither. Still 15 degrees and cloudy... Oh well, try my Tropical Trend special shopping list below then, it won't hurt to inject a little exotic vibe into your home even if it feels like Autumn outside... Happy shopping!
1. Palm tree wall stickers, Rockett St George, £60.
2. Tropical palm print bedding set, M&S Home, from £39.50
3. Palm rug, Worldstores.co.uk, £27.
4. Lille armchair, Swoon Editions, £449.
5. Pineapple punch tray, Graham & Greene, £25.
6. Palmeral Wallpaper, House of Hackney, £148 per roll.
7. Piña Colada lamp, White Mint, £54
8. Toucan lamp, Abigail Ahern for Debenhams, £80
9. Pols Potten pineapple in gold, Amara, £50.
10. Gold palm tree candle holder, Papillon Living, £45.
11. Summer palm trees cushion, Red Bubble, £25
12. Pineapple wall art, Etsy, £12